Pure rose oil is derived from the Damask rose. This is a small shrub with beautiful flowers and thorny stems that originates from Damascus in Syria. This oil has a very labour-intensive production process. The workers are out in the fields harvesting the Rosa damascena blooms well before dawn. It takes over 10,000 of these freshly picked blossoms to create just one 5 ml bottle of the essential oil. Additionally, since the rose petals are delicate, the distillation process must occur immediately on the same day as harvesting. However, all of this work is well worth it, as it creates a sweet, floral oil that is beautiful and uplifting. You can apply it topically as part of your daily skincare routine. In fact, rose oil can help to balance skin moisture levels and reduce the appearance of any skin imperfections to promote healthy-looking skin.
The Benefits of Pure Rose Oil
As we touched on above, pure rose oil offers a number of benefits. These include:
- Improves the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Helps to balance skin moisture levels
- Promotes a healthy-looking complexion
- Soothing aroma
- Energising and revitalising.
How to Use Pure Rose Oil
Pure rose oil has a number of uses including:
Add a couple of drops to the moisturiser of your choice. You can then apply it to your face, neck, and other areas of your body.
Use topically on any skin imperfections. You can apply one or two drops to the area, but if you are concerned about skin sensitivity, dilute with a carrier oil.
Diffuse to promote a feeling of vitality and energy. Use three or four drops to your diffuser in the morning to start your day off feeling revitalised.
However, there are some possible skin sensitivity issues, it is a good idea to perform a skin test before using or diluting with a carrier oil.
You should also avoid contact with sensitive areas including your eyes and inner ears.
Blending Pure Rose Oil
Pure rose oil is a potent essential oil that can be used alone or in a blend. The sweet floral and earthy aroma works well with other scents. Pure rose oil blends well with citrus oil and other floral oils. You can mix it with:
This allows you to enjoy the benefits of pure rose oil and create your own unique scent.
Pure rose oil provides a wonderful way to destress and relax. It is a fantastic essential oil for aromatherapy, as it can be used in your oil diffuser and topically with your favourite lotions and body care products. However, it is important that you choose a good quality pure rose oil. Cheaper rose oil products tend to be less potent, so you may not be able to enjoy the full range of superb benefits.
Add a few drops of Damask Rose Essential Oil to a carrier oil to create luxurious, fragrant oils that will enhance your wellbeing. We love to blend our rose oil with:
- Jojoba oil for protecting
- Avocado oil, for deep moisturising
- Apricot oil for nourishing
- Grapeseed oil for balancing and conditioning
Our Damask Rose Essential Oil is high quality and exclusive, but a little goes a long way. It is a must-have element of your aromatherapy oil collection, as its potency and properties can support your wellbeing in so many ways. Use our Damask Rose Essential Oil:
- In your bath for an uplifting, relaxing soak. Simply add 10 drops of Damask Rose Essential Oil to your favourite carrier oil, and add the mixture to a warm bath.
- In diffusers around your home, to promote feelings of vitality and positivity.
- As a luxury hair treatment: add a few drops to your favourite massage oil for a deep scalp massage.
- As a massage oil to ease away the tensions of the day. Simply add a few drops to your favourite carrier oil.
- As an intense skin treatment, to relieve dry skin, smooth imperfections and soften your skin.
- To create your unique signature fragrance. Experiment blending Damask Rose Essential Oil with other essential oils, such as lavender and bergamot.
We want to make sure that your experience with our Damask Rose Essential Oil is perfect. That’s why we only source our rose oil from the Rosa Damascena rose, grown and harvested in the Valley of the Roses area of Bulgaria.