Earthsun Essentials respects your concerns about privacy.
How I Collect Information
In connection with the products and services I provide, I collect personal information through the Site, directly from you, including when you apply to be a Wellness Advocate or customer, purchase products from Earthsun Essentials online via my Site, or communicate with Earthsun Essentials.
The Type of Information We Collect
The types of personal information I collect includes:
- contact information, such as name, phone and fax number, and email and postal address;
- information used to create your account to access the Site, such as birth date, spouse’s name, photo, preferred language, Enroller ID, Sponsor ID, online password, and, if you are a Wellness Advocate, ABN number (or equivalent);
- payment information, such as name, billing address and payment card details, including financial institution information, card number, expiration date and security code, which is collected and stored by a third-party payment processor on my behalf;
- other personal information contained in content you submit to me, such as through the “Feedback” feature, public forums or customer support tools on the Site.
Information I Collect by Automated Means
When you interact with the Site, I collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s web browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server.
I may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. The information I obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, other identifiers associated with your devices, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of Site visits. These technologies help me (1) remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with my products, services and Site; (3) tailor my products, services and Site around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of my products, services and Site and the effectiveness of my communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance my products, services and Site.
Your web browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of my Site. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. To the extent required by applicable law, I will obtain your consent before using cookies or similar tools.
How I Use and Disclose the Information I Collect
I may use and disclose the information I collect about you to:
- provide my products and services to you;
- send promotional materials, newsletters and other communications about my products and services;
- establish and manage your account with Earthsun Essentials;
- process and fulfill orders in connection with my products and services and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- identify and authenticate you so you may order my products and access and use the Site;
- communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, programs, promotions, offers surveys, focus groups and market research;
- provide Wellness Advocate and customer support and respond to inquiries;
- increase and maintain the safety and security of my products and services and prevent misuse;
- perform data analytics (including market research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymisation and aggregation of personal information);
- operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve my business and the Site (including operating, administering, analysing and improving my products, services and Site; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of my communications;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
I also may use the information I collect about you in other ways for which I provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent if required by applicable law.
Third-Party Analytics Services
I use third-party web analytics services on the Site, including Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel. These service providers use automated technologies to collect data (such as IP addresses) to evaluate use of the Site. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html. To learn more about Facebook Pixel and how to opt out, please visit https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950?helpref=faq_content.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
I may collect information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. Where required by applicable law, I will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
If you are a Earthsun Essentials account holder, I also share your personal information with the account’s sales organisation (including distributors) for the purpose of administering sales, distribution of Earthsun Essentials products, and providing reports of activities to other Earthsun Essentials account holders.
I also may disclose information about you (1) if I am required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights; (4) when I believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent.
I may also transfer personal information I have about you in the event I sell or transfer all or a portion of my business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganisation, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
Other Online Services and Third-Party Features
The Site may provide links to other online services for your convenience and information, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest buttons). These online services and third-party features may operate independently from me. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which I strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by me, Earthsun Essentials is not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
How I Keep and Protect Personal Information
I maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against unauthorised access, disclosure or use.
I store personal information for as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was collected or as required by law. I generally store the personal information that I collect in electronic databases, some of which may be held on my behalf by third party data storage providers. Sometimes I also keep hard copy records of this personal information in physical storage facilities. I use a range of physical and technical security processes and procedures to protect the confidentiality and security of the information that I hold, and I update these from time to time to address new and emerging security threats.
Children’s Personal Information
The Site is designed for a general audience service and is not directed to children. Earthsun Essentials does not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If I learn that I have collected personal information from a child under age 13, I will promptly delete that information. If you believe that a child under age 13 may have provided me with personal information, please contact me at email@example.com.
How to Contact Me and how to make a complaint
Earthsun Essentials cares about your privacy and will endeavor to respond promptly to any complaints made. I will aim to investigate and resolve your complaint within 30 days of receiving it and if I need more time, I will inform you including reasons for the delay. Further information about privacy concerns or complaints in Australia can be found on the website of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.