The new-look Petal diffuser has introduced some updated features. This small, night friendly diffuser is convenient to use in various rooms in your home, producing a far-reaching mist that can help to disperse aroma. The light mist is relaxing, while the Petal produces a soft white, ambient light for a relaxing nighttime routine. You can even customise the release of your essential oil blend with the three timer settings. This allows you to set the Petal for two or six hours continuously or 12 intermittent hours, with five minutes on and five minutes off.
Tips for Effective Use of Your Petal Diffuser:
- Don’t Diffuse Numerous Essential Oils Together: While you can diffuse an essential oil blend, try to avoid adding too many oils to your Petal Diffuser. Multiple oils can start to overwhelm the senses and you may lose some of the beneficial effects. Although you may be keen to experiment with different oils, try to stick to only two or three at a time.
- Stick to the Same Therapeutic Groups of Oils: If you do want to try mixing your own blends, you will need to be careful that you only mix complementary oils that belong to the same therapeutic group. For example, you’ll lose the relaxation effects of a soothing oil if you’ve mixed it with an energy-boosting one. If you’re unsure about which oils to blend, consider purchasing some pre-made blends to enjoy the effects and get some inspiration for your own blends.
- Don’t Diffuse Around Pets and Children: While you may want the whole family to enjoy your Petal diffuser, animals and small children can be particularly sensitive to the smell and effects of essential oils. While it is possible to have your Petal diffuser in the same room, it should be placed high enough with a low concentration to have only a subtle aroma.
- Wash Your Hands Immediately if You Have Any Spills: Although the Petal Diffuser is easy to fill if you do accidentally get any essential oils on your hands, be sure to wash them immediately. Bear in mind that while essential oils are natural, many are extremely potent.
- Keep it Clean: The Petal diffuser is not only easy to use but also easy to clean. This means that it should not be a massive chore to keep your Petal clean. Just be sure to unplug the unit before you start to clean it. After each use, use a clean cloth to wipe away any excess water or essential oil. You can also give your Petal a thorough clean once a month with warm, soapy water or use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to remove any oil build up that may be visible. You should never use any harsh cleaning products, which could not only damage the unit but also leave an unpleasant odour that could compromise future diffusing sessions. After cleaning, allow the Petal to completely air dry before you reattempt use.